Dealing with toenail fungus can be a matter of concern to many. The reason here is that it has a detrimental effect not only on your self-image but on your health as well. In case the problem is not solved and treated on time, the affected nail can become thicker and more difficult to trim, which further results in causing discomfort and making it more difficult to walk.
For people dealing with toenail fungus, there are many options available for treatment like over-the-counter drugs, topical creams, etc., but most of these offer temporary solutions. For better results and a permanent solution, opting for laser treatment can be the right choice you can make as this is one of the most effective and secure treatment solutions available. Find out how toenail fungus laser treatment can bring about relief from this unsightly condition.
What is toenail fungus?
Toenail fungus, as the name suggests, is an infection that can affect the toenail, fingernail, or the surface underneath the nail. The worst thing about this infection is that it is attached to the toenail and can spread through a nail clipper. At the initial stage, it shows a white or yellow-brown spot under the tip of your fingernail or toenail. With the worsening condition, the fungus goes deeper and as a result, your nail may discolor, thicken and crumble at the edge. While it is not required to get the treatment done in case the problem is mild, but when your nail fungus is painful and has caused thickened nails, it is important to take the action and get the problem resolved with the toenail fungus laser treatment.
Symptoms of toenail fungus
Just like any other health condition, there are various stages of toenail fungus, according to which the symptoms may vary. It is important to see the following symptoms to get the problem treated on time to avoid the further spread of the fungus. Symptoms of nail fungus include a nail or nails that are:
- Brittle, crumbly, or ragged
- Separated from the nail bed
How Laser Treatments Can Help
Now that we have understood the toenail fungus problem, it comes time to know how laser treatment can help with the problem. Whether you have tried some home remedies or medications, results with toenail fungus laser treatment are going to last longer for sure. Here are some benefits of toenail fungus laser treatment.
- Laser treatment has been found effective for completely destroying the fungus using heat technology.
- The process can result in very little if any discomfort to the patient. This discomfort is temporary and will go away within the first 48 hours.
- Most patients will require one treatment to experience successful results.
- Laser technology is effective in treating toenail fungus. Patients will begin to experience immediate relief.
- There are no side effects to laser toenail fungus therapy as it’s performed using advanced technology.